This exceptional Rioja Crianza has been crafted by Gorka Etxebarria in Rioja Oriental from 30 year old vines. The wine is aged for 12 months in American oak barrels and the result is mesmerising. We tasted the wine against the Reserva at nearly twice the price and this 2017 Crianza triumphed – it is a thing of beauty. Harmonious, with bottle age, oak influences and a classic fruit-forward Rioja style. Fill your boots, decant for 45 minutes to an hour and enjoy! Awards are listed below.
• Gold – Gilbert & Gaillard 2020
• Gold – Asia Wine Trophy 2019
• Gold – Berliner Wein Trophy 2019
• Gold – The Drinks Business Rioja Masters 2018
• Silver (90 points) – IWC 2020