About Noble Rot
The team at noblerot.org has decades worth of experience in both the financial investment and the Fine Wine markets. Our knowledge of, and contacts in, both the wine and investment sectors enable us to act ahead of emerging market trends and in the case of en primeur, allow us to secure large parcels of the finest wines in each vintage for our clients.
- Noble Rot is a fine wine investment company established in 2004 by Esme Johnstone and Clifton Wrottesley.
- We purchase and sell investment grade wine and provide bespoke portfolio management services to a range of clients.
- We deliver an expert, comprehensive and discreet management service for clients wishing to invest in and build up a substantial portfolio of fine wines.
- Our clients benefit from the deep knowledge and contacts offered by the partners in the business, as well as other add-on benefits such as portfolio/cellar advice, storage & insurance at trade rates, logistics, etc.
- Our investment service offers exceptional access to an otherwise limited fine wine market.
- We purchase, en primeur, investment grade wines only at prices that are not offered by wholesalers or merchant.
- We buy direct from negociants and from the chateaux/winegrowers themselves.
- We also source back vintages at trade prices or lower through our own network and via Liv-ex the global online wine exchange
We rely on the loyalty of our clients and our suppliers to ensure consistent allocations of the world’s finest wines at levels only available to the ‘Trade’.
- Our model relies on our clients providing long term commitments to investing in wine.
- We currently manage substantial individual and corporate portfolios with total wine holdings under management in excess of £5m.
Why invest with Noble Rot
Experience & Expertise
The team at noblerot.org has decades worth of experience in both the financial investment and the Fine Wine markets. Our knowledge of, and contacts in, both the Fine Wine and investment sectors enable us to act ahead of emerging market trends and in the case of en primeur, allow us to secure large parcels of the finest wines in each vintage for our clients.
A data & provenance-led approach
When compiling a portfolio for our clients, we ensure that in each wine there is the perfect marriage of an excellent rating, demonstrable provenance, and good liquidity. When clients instruct us to ring-fence a portion of their investment for en primeur, our team actually travels to Bordeaux each year to taste and assess the vintage ourselves – allowing us to detect any emerging opportunities in the market.